9:29 PM

Dear Congressman Allen Boyd...

As a 24 year old working, educated, American mother , I believe in the greatness of this country. I believe that this country is great because this country was founded on hard working Americans who were given the opportunity of freedom and choice. American people having the freedom to choose is what our Founding Fathers fought for; a greatness and freedom of choice that I believe is worth continuing to fighting for. Healthcare is not a Constitutional right, just as owning a car is not right. Government was created to govern and serve the American people, not to dictate over and control the American people. I am a mother who has worked hard to pay for my son’s healthcare plan; a plan where I know he can see any doctor and receive medical attention immediately when needed. As a man who the American people chose to give the title 'Congressman' and power to, what right do you have to steal from your constituents the right to choose the healthcare they work hard for? Not only that, but why would you allow a government who has yet to prove they are capable of controlling anything, have any control or say in the health and well being of the American people? Remember, with great power comes great responsibility. Your responsibility is to be the voice and serve the American people who gave you the right to be called 'Congressman'. Your American constituents are saying "NO" to government run healthcare!


Edit: Apparently I need to make myself a little more clear. I am for fixing heathcare policy, but what I am not for is abolishing an entire system all for a government run health care system. http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2009/0525/013-opinions-steve-forbes-dont-doc-american-health-care.html


2 comments:

Melissa S said...

As a mother of 2 young adults I am one of the many people who are denied insurance basied on 3 pre-exsisting condition! I have these conditionds my whole life and are controlled with medication I take daily.I pay $1100.00 a month for those medications. My grocery bill each month is $600-$800 a month! You tell me what is fair! I have gone into personal debt over the high price of Medical costs.My credit score is wrecked like the rest of country. I can only get Health insurance through a group insurance policy. I have to get a seperate insurance policy for my children.The person who posted that Healthcare is not a Constitional Right is correct, however it is a basic Humane Right. Everyone in this country that is a citizan should have access to Healthcare, be able to get Healthcare. That is simply not happening in this great country of ours. Those of you that have it Great.Keep it.Their are a great many people out there who don't have it and can't get it and need it. No one is "stealing" anything. Government was created to "serve it's people". They are serving it's people by fixing the one thing that it draining this countries economy,Healthcare costs.If I'm spending $1100.00 a month on medication for Epiepsey and Diabeties each month, Thats $13200.00 a year that is not going to the economy but to the pockets of Drug companies.That is my had earned money.You mame speack of this being a choice. I did not choose this. The Insurance Company has chosen NOT to cover my medications and Doctors. They are making decisions about my Health on a regulare basis that I do have controll over. I doubt ou founding fathers could have every forseen that happening to this great nation. Remember "Life,Liberty,and the pursute of happyness".

Ken said...

I listened to Obama’s addresses last evening with what impressed me as a Democratic Pep Rally. His reference to “bickering” was directed at skeptics and opponents of his expensive health plan of what was 50 million months ago and today reported at 30 million. We can not believe anything his says. We see his reforming health care as politically motivated totally. His speech came over like cold fish reserved. Nothing new.